roven background in teaching and assessment, standards based instruction, portfolio development, web based learning, action research, and technology driven education.
• Chosen by staff, faculty and student association representatives as Moanalua High School’s Teacher of the Year in 2003.
• As a central district Teacher Mentor, facilitated an effective and professional transition for three new teachers into the teaching field.
• Conducted action research on the effectiveness of my teaching strategies in my classroom which led to pursuing national certification from National Board for Professional Teaching Standards in Adolescence & Young Adult Language Arts with my master’s thesis as a culminating product.
• Actively participated in Moanalua High School's Annual Professional Development Conference as a presenter or contributing article author. Chosen in 2003 as the mistress of ceremonies to highlight the integration of technology in Humanities.
• Award-winning Business English students displayed their service-learning web sites at the Hawaii Technology Quest Conference and at the State Capitol.
• Awarded Technology Literacy Challenge Fund grant to purchase 5 computers for the classroom, develop a standards-based curriculum incorporating technology, and receive teacher training and on-going assessment.
• Language Arts member of interdisciplinary action team, Business Academy, developed to address the concerns of students entering the work force. Product from class- Student-generated Business English Web site
• Collaborator and colleague with Dr. Teri Ushijima in Cognitive Coaching, a program designed to assist a teaching cohort facilitation techniques used to activate a collaborative conversation to maximize standards in daily lessons.
• Pro-actively initiated the state mandated requirement for a standards based exit exam for graduating seniors by developing the Senior Portfolio Presentation Night where students orally present a PowerPoint presentation of their best works through high school to a panel of representatives from various stakeholder interests (students, parents, faculty).
• Created the Moanalua Language Arts Department Writing Handbook (currently being utilized by all core subject areas and is a primary reference source in the school library).
• Language Arts member of interdisciplinary action team that developed a Freshman Success Program based on the work of Second to None and Teaching Transformed.
• Designed a computer lesson plan highlighting ways to incorporate daily technology in the classroom (distributed to the faculty during student teaching at Escondido High School).
© 2005 Website design by Inga Keithly